We are seeking a motivated GIS/Geomatics Specialist for our office in Vancouver or Nanaimo.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geography or other GIS related discipline, preferably with a focus on Earth Sciences or Geology.
- An understanding of the key concepts, principals, and techniques in GIS and remote sensing as they pertain to environmental projects, e.g., mining, contaminated sites.
- Technical background in cartography and/or GIS analysis, with knowledge of geodatabases, database design and management, and data life cycle management.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role at a consulting company and/or government agency.
- Basic experience in geological mapping and 3D geological modelling, e.g., in Leapfrog or equivalent modelling software.
- Eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. as a Geoscientist in Training (GIT) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo).
You will join a team of hydrogeologists and geochemists led by Dr. Christoph Wels that assists mining companies worldwide in managing mine water issues, including mine de-watering, groundwater quality impacts due to Acid Rock Drainage (ARD), surface water management, and seepage control and mitigation.
You will work on mining projects in Canada, Australia, and South America where you will be responsible for GIS aspects of our projects. Recent experience and expertise with core ESRI GIS software, including ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro), GlobalMapper, scripting (e.g. Python, R), image analysis (e.g. aerial photos, LiDAR, satellite imagery) and extensions such as Spatial Analyst would be an asset.
This position requires a meticulous and well-organized individual with a strong technical background in GIS and a willingness to work with a team of engineers, hydrogeologists, hydrologists, and environmental geochemists. You will be well-supported by other technical staff with experience in GIS analysis and can expect to receive excellent opportunities to advance your career and industry-leading benefits and salary.
Robertson GeoConsultants Inc. is an employee-owned consulting firm with head office in Vancouver. Our team of specialty consultants collectively offers an expert knowledge base in geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology and geochemistry and the application of these specializations to mining and mine closure.
|Position title:||GIS/Geomatics Analyst|
|Employer:||Robertson Geoconsultants Inc.|
|Location:||Suite 900, 580 Hornby Street, Vancouver B.C., Canada, V6B 3B6|
|Term:||Full time, Permanent|
|Benefits:||Extended health & dental benefits|
|Vacation:||3 weeks per year|
|Reports to:||Dr. Wels, Principal|
Please submit your resume and cover letter by e-mail to: HRHydro@robertsongeo.com