We are seeking a motivated intermediate hydrogeologist for our head office in Vancouver. The successful candidate will have:
- A post-graduate degree in Hydrogeology or a related discipline;
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience in hydrogeology;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in numerical modeling of hydrogeological problems using a range of groundwater modeling tools, including SEEP/W, MODFLOW & MT3D, and FEFLOW;
- Diverse experience in hydrogeological field work, including drilling supervision/well installation in bedrock and overburden, and hydraulic testing;
- Must be eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC; and
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
Experience in contaminant transport and/or geophysics is an asset.
You will join a team of hydrogeologists led by Dr. Christoph Wels that assists mining companies worldwide in managing mine water issues, including mine dewatering, groundwater impact assessment, seepage control and mitigation. You will be responsible for managing and executing hydrogeological projects in Canada and abroad (Australia, Central and South America), including supervision of drilling programs, conceptual modeling and numerical modeling of groundwater flow and contaminant transport.
This is a challenging position and will require a well-rounded, ambitious individual who has a strong technical background in hydrogeology, preferably with experience in the mining industry. You will be working out of our Vancouver office but work will require you to travel to our international project sites. You will be expected to work independently as well as be part of a team, and be enthusiastic about taking ownership of your projects and developing new business opportunities. In return you can expect to receive excellent opportunities to advance your career and industry-leading benefits and salary.
Robertson GeoConsultants Inc. is an employee-owned consulting firm with head office in Vancouver. Our team of specialty consultants collectively offers an expert knowledge base in geotechnical engineering, hydrogeology and geochemistry and the application of these specializations to mining and mine closure. More information on our company can be obtained at our website (www.robertsongeoconsultants.com).
|Position title:||Intermediate Hydrogeologist|
|Employer:||Robertson GeoConsultants Inc.|
|Location:||Suite 900, 580 Hornby Street, Vancouver B.C., Canada, V6B 3B6|
|Term:||Full time, Permanent|
|Annual Salary:||$75,000 to $95,000, plus potential performance incentives|
|Benefits:||Extended health & dental benefits|
|Vacation:||3 weeks per year|
|Reports to:||Dr. Wels, Principal|
Please apply by E-mail to: HRGW@Robertsongeo.com